[Movie Review] Pitch Perfect 2

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - August 02, 2015

Hi, there!
So today I have review for Pitch Perfect 2!
I really love the first Pitch Perfect! It's amazing!
Which is why, I've been waiting for a long time for this sequel to be released. Yoohoo!


 I know that it's too late, for the review, because the movie was released 3 months ago. Well, when it was playing in the theatre, it's not that I didn't have time to go and watch, or anything else, it's just that for movies like this, (those that I will like a lot), I prefer to watch it at home, from DVD or files maybe, because I'm a type of person who loves to rewind and re-watch the parts that I like from the movie. And I surely can't do it, if I watch it in the cinema. :p

Well, I hate to say it, but I'm a lil bit disappointed, it's just not as good as the first one. Sorry.
I was overwhelmed with excitement when I watched the first movie, I went kinda crazy looking for the soundtracks, videos related to "Pitch Perfect" in youtube, original songs that they covered in the movie; I re-played some of the parts in the movie again and again. And, I even had a playlist in my phone, full of the tracks from the movie and I listened to it like every day. More accurately, several times in a day. Maybe this is why, I expected a lot of the sequel.

When I was watching the first Pitch Perfect, I kinda felt like I could relate, and I could sing along because most of the songs there were popular songs, that you often listened to thru the radio. But for the sequel, I just don't have any hint of  most of the songs they're singing. There are times when I hoped a song I know somehow popped out.

Even for the riff-off part, the part that I like the most, the first one is still better.
Oh, I don't understand, why they say, the "Das Sound Machine" is awesome, because I still think "The Treblemakers" was way off better than them. Maybe, it's because I'm not an auto-tune kinda person.

The only performance that I like from the movie is the ending showcase of the Barden Bellas. They included something really unexpected, and I like that idea, and the ending song too. You probably know which song I'm talking about since it's very famous. Haha. But I'm not gonna spoil anything, so just go ahead and watch. :p

Overall, Pitch Perfect 2 is kinda cool! It's not as bad as you thought. But it's just not as good as I thought it would be. It's still refreshing and funny. They still nailed it by serving us with great performances of Acappellas. I always admire people who do acappella. They're just awesome. And Pitch Perfect is doing great promoting Acappella to us. You can expect to see a lot of wonderful acappella groups from all over the world in this movie. :)

Well, this is totally my personal thought, any different opinion may apply.
And it is still recommended, though. :)
Especially for those who just love songs, music, and acappellas. :D

Psst... Wikipedia stated that the third sequel is coming in 2017. Can't wait! :D:D

See you again,

xoxo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments