Happee Birthday, Dear Mom! :*

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - July 29, 2015

Hey, hey!

There're lots of people having their birthdays these several days, and among them, is my mom :D
She's having her birthday todaaay. 
And my journey of looking for her birthday cake was started by a brief conversation several days ago that goes like this: (I don't really remember exactly what we're doing while we're having this conversation, it's either we're watching drama or browsing thru instagram feed, or anything else, but somehow we ended up talking about birthday cakes.)
Mom: What kind of cakes will I get for my birthday later?
Me: Emm. As usual, Clover cake. (Clover is a name of a best-selling cake shop in town) 
Mom: Why Clover? (with a disappointed tone)
Me: So, what else?
Mom: Anything else. 
You know, when girls and women said they want just anything, it means deep in their heart, they want you to understand what they really want, and they want you to look for something special, something you put effort in, something you put a lot of thought on, something which can show that you care about them, that you pay attention about what they like. It can be small, trivial, but afterall, it's not about the thing, the gift, the cake, the price etc, it is about the thought that counts. :)

So, I embarked on a small quest looking for the special birthday cake for my Mom. 
I tried to search online and went to some cake shops to have a little survey of which one would be suitable for several days before D-day. Well, our family members do not like sweet things, or cakes that are just beautiful but not tasteful, So, cakes with icing is a big NO, and cakes with sweetness over the limit is also NO. Therefore, I ended up buying Gateau Opera from Marriot Gourmet at JW Marriot Hotel Medan. 

It is a twist of coffee, tiramisu, peanuts and chocolate :d so it goes well with our palate. Cakes in our house usually will be finished off by 2-3 days, because again, we don't really like sweet things, but this time, it's gone in a day. :p

Happee Birthday, Mom!
You are the SuperMOM!
You are the best person I've ever known in the universe! 

Thankyou for being there for me all the time. 

Thankyou for being my forever best friend.

Thankyou for always tidying my things for me (sorry that you have an "unorganized" daughter like me :p)

Thankyou for always 
listening to my random thoughts, my babbling, my problems, and giving me advice everytime i'm stuck.

Thankyou for always saying "There's no mother in this world who doesn't wish the best for her child(ren)".
Thankyou for worrying about us each and every second of your life. We know you love us that much. And we love you to the moon, back to the earth and back to the moon again. :D

Thankyou again and again for gazillion of things. Really really thankyou :*

On top of all, Thank You for being my Mom. 

Love, 

Lasmarya :)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments