Independence Day Outing :D

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - August 19, 2015

Happee 'Belated' Independence Day, Indonesia! :D

Been wanting to post this on the D-day, but the internet connection at home still isn't working well. Tonight is just one lucky night it's working, and I need to post this entry as soon as possible.

Truth to be told, there are times when I'm proud to be Indonesian, and times when it's hard to say I am. There are things that you'll get to love about Indonesia, the beauty, the food, the culture, a lot of things, but there might also be some things that you'll complain about. At the end, I get to realize that 'real' love is supposed to be unconditional, which means when we love someone, we have to love his/her everything, including their positive sides and their flaws. And, that's the kind of love we're supposed to have towards our own country. I know it's hard, I'm sure not only for me, but maybe we should give it a try? After all, there are a lot of things that we can be grateful about living in this land. Hopefully, I'll get to experience that 'unconditional' love towards my own country anytime soon. :)

Again,




"DIRGAHAYU REPUBLIK INDONESIA"  

:D

One of the greatest things of having the independence day is the discounts all around the nations. Yippieee! *dancing
So, no time to be wasted, I spent my Independence Day's holiday for one day in Sun Plaza, Medan and indulged myself with some new choices available there. ;d

-Lunch at Kinley Thai Bistro
Both my mom and I have 'sour-spicy' kind of palate. We're not really into Western kind of food, with creamy cheesy texture, and when we're looking for one place to fit our tongue, we stopped here. 
Nasi Ayam Panggang (Roast Chicken Rice)

Mango Salad
My mom was in love with this mango salad. It's kind of hard to describe the taste. It tastes sour, salty, spicy at the same time, and the nuts on top of it really complete the taste. I know it doesn't look that much appetizing, but it really tastes good to us. Recommended if you have the same kind of tongue like ours :d)

Besides these two dishes, we also ordered Nasi Ikan Sop Lemon or Lemon Fish Soup with Rice. The soup tastes real good, it's sour, spicy but also savoury at the same time. Worth a try. :D

 - Raw Booster
Decided to try the menu called "Mama Melon", a mixed smoothie of "Kiwi + Melon + Apple" (+honey). I thought it's going to taste sweet, but it's not. A little bit sour, but very fresh instead. :)  And it claimed to be good for health.

-Larc Honeycomb Ice Cream
Honestly, when I spotted their instagram account, they wrote down "The first ever original honeycomb ice cream in Medan", and it looks really tempting. So, I had been planning to give it a try. But, gotta say, I was disappointed when I was there. They told me that it's not a "Honeycomb Ice Cream" but a "Vanilla Ice Cream with Honeycomb" on it. Maybe, I misunderstood. And it is kinda pricey for me, 30K just for vanilla ice cream with fruit loops and honeycomb. It would be much different if it's Honeycomb Ice Cream (well, ice cream with honeycomb flavor).

So, there goes my independence day holiday. How was yours? Did you get a lot of discounts? :)

And, hey, I do realize that my food photography skill is very far from "OK". Still has a long way to go, but I'll keep practicing. Soo, please don't mind the pictures that I took. Thankyoouuu :)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. All the foods look so yummy!!<3
    Thanks for your comment on my blog, I'm following you via gfc, g+, and bloglovin now ;)

    Regards,
    a-cupofrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following back :)

      Let's keep in touch :D

      xoxo,

      Lasmarya

      Delete
  2. Wow the ice cream look so yummy. I want to try it. ^^
    would you like to follow each other?
    let me know if you follow me and I will follow you back.
    www.tomntins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, there.
      Nice to meet you and
      Thank you :)
      I've followed you thru g+, gfc, bloglovin and instagram :)

      xoxo,

      sillyandordinarygirl.blogspot.com :D

      Delete