9th March 2016

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - March 24, 2016

 9th March 2016

Hello there!
How’s your March so far?
Been having fun?

Here I’m back with what I’ve promised!
As we’re having a national holiday on 9th March to celebrate*Nyepi*, some old high school friends that we haven’t met for a long time invited us to have a small reunion on the day during lunch time. Though unfortunately, only some members were able to join them. But since it’s a rare holiday that comes once in several months, we didn’t want to let it be a waste without having a meetup. So, we planned that for those of us who could make it later, would join them after the reunion. Then we’d all go karaoke-ing and have dinner together (only G-8 members). Actually at first, I wasn’t sure I could join them for the whole day since I promised my mom to hang out with her and I didn’t know what time I’d finish, so I told them that I’d just pass this time. But they kept on telling me that I could just join them anytime, so I joined them at the karaoke at the end.

 
 The karaoke members.
The three guys came straight from the reunion, while Winda and I joined later. We met at Centre Point, but since it’s holiday, there’s no room left at Detones Afgan, so we headed to Inul Vista to try our luck, and we were so lucky to get a large room with a lot of bonus, free food and beverages, plus free membership for one person with affordable price (and it is really affordable for a holiday rate!). The room is large enough for five of us to sit, jump, scream and even dance crazily inside. It can fit  8-10 people I guess.
After karaoke-ing for two straight hours, came the dinner time. We headed to parking lot to look for a taxi that could take us to Dokioo, the place where we gonna have dinner. Since it’s located near the mall, we thought that it would be possible to fit five of us in a taxi. And yes, of course we fit. But the driver insisted that we take two separate taxis. We insisted back that it’s near, we’d arrive in no time, so it wouldn’t be a problem, and we also stated that we would give him more money. Still, the driver stayed firm with his statement and wouldn’t start the car. So we gave up and rode on different taxi.
When we arrived at Dokioo, the place was full and we had to wait till a group of people left, because there were six of us and there were only two tables with seats for more than 4 people. We waited for more than half an hour, and we’re actually really hungry haha. Right at the time, Daniel came and joined us bringing the famous (in Medan) 96 Bakery’s brownies. I salivated right away XD.
After a while, we finally got our seats. The first thing that we did was ordering, done in a flash (while we usually need more than five minutes or more). The second thing was opening the box of brownies, cause hunger can kill you know. You’ll turn into a different person when you’re in extreme hunger. Haha. I was like “Brownies! Brownies! Open! Open!” XD
When Daniel slowly took the lid off, I noticed something. Hmm. I saw the word “HBD” haha
Then I realized, aaaahhh, it was a birthday cake!

 


I’m pretty sure it was for me haha since it’s my birthday on 11th March, and it’s 9th March, that’s why it was written “HBD in Advance”. But I was wrong, haha the brownies was for Winda and me! Her birthday is only three days away from mine, 14th March and our birthdays are always celebrated at the same time.  See how they’re killing two birds with a stone? 
Truthfully, I had expected this. I had sniffed something fishy when they insisted that I join them no matter what time I finish. I had told them that I wouldn’t join them, but they kept insisting me to come. The same case for Winda as well, she was supposed to join them at the reunion, but something came up and she canceled. The guys were panicked and couldn’t stop convincing her to join the karaoke. I knew they were preparing something.  Haha
Anyway guys, thank you for making it happen. I know it was hard to set everything up since we’re all getting very busy recently and it’s hard to gather everyone. For Karina and Diana too, who couldn’t join us, thanks J Thank you so much for making this birthday *less lonely* wkwk Thank you for making it a lot sweeter, and thanks (not sincerely) for making us a lot fatter with all the sweetness. XD
Happee birthday too to +Winda Chai, who is my three-day-apart sister. Wish you all that you wish for comes true. Wish your family the best always. Wish our friendship lasts forever. Wish you a healthy and happy life. Keep smiling, keep strong and you know you can always do it, right? Love ya!

And here are some snaps of the meals we had in Dokioo which specializes in desserts :d




 






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments