When in Penang.

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - February 28, 2016

Hi! :)
In the last post, I did mention that  went to Penang to get myself checked, right?
So, here's a bit about my trip there. Not much actually, but it's quite enough to share, I guess?

It was my very first trip to Penang, was half excited half anxious though, cause I went there with half energy left, (it was just two days after I was discharged), in a not completely conscious state yet. And since it's a check-up trip, I didn't expect much. Went there with my mom and my aunt, who both took care of me like crazily well, catered all my needs every second. Thank you so much mom and auntie! Love you both to the moon and back!

I spent most of my days in hospital, getting checked, waiting for my turn to consult with the doctor, having CT Scan, MRI, USG, blood check,(getting tired being pricked by needle for those check-up! and it did hurt a lot!) and so on. But fortunately, at least I had some chances to taste the famous local food, recommended by my daddy's friend who's a local resident there. 


Koi Cap
(some kind of self-made kwe tiao with pork and the innards)
(only sold in the market for breakfast)
(one of the sellers there never runs out of costumers as I heard)

(Had this noodle twice in a row, apart from the delicious taste and affordable price, it is located right in front of our guest house complex area, so it is also reachable by feet for us) 

Cup Peng or Cup Rice with soup and Red Lau Hau (Nutmeg Water)

Rojak

The famous original coffee

And the very last one, the best KFC I've ever eaten in my whole life!
KFC Ayam Kicap Meletup!
Only available in Malaysia!
Fragrant rice with seaweed, and super delicious fried chicken!
I would definitely have this again if I'm back in Malaysia.
Totally recommended! :dd

There were actually a lot more foodies that I had in Penang, like the famous Ak Peng or Duck Rice, Mie Pangsit, Ciong Fan, Ak Bihun or Duck Mee Hun, and others. I should have taken more photos of everything I ate. So sorry :( 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments