The Reason Why.

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - February 13, 2016

Hi, there! :)
It's CNY Day 6, so have you got yourself a lot of red pocket?
If you have, good for you!! Save some of the money, okay?
If you don't get a lot, it's fine, Chinese New Year is not entirely about money, it is all about togetherness anyway. :D

Well, well, today I'm sharing a story of one part of my life, that I don't think I would forget easily.
This is actually the reason why I'd been missing for almost the whole month of January. To be honest, I contemplated a lot about whether or not to share this story with all of you. Because I don't really like sharing bad news to others. But since this blog is called "The Days of Silly and Ordinary Girl", I guess I should share it, no? I mean, my days can't be those happy ones all the times, right? 

Okay, hopefully you still remember I mentioned that I had a terrible headache on 31st December morning, the day when all the G-8 members had the hotpot party? It all started from there. That terrible headache had actually eased a bit when we're having the party, maybe because I was busy doing something else at that moment that I didn't have time to think about the headache, till around after midnight, I felt the pain again. I took a cold medicine with paracetamol and went to sleep thinking it would ease off. But even the next morning, I woke up with the same condition. I thought maybe it's because I slept late, and I lacked of sleep, I'd be fine in a few days. 

Till the day I went to work, I still could feel it. I asked to leave early from work on the third day working in January. And the next day morning, my mom told me to just stay at home for another day as I was not looking any better. I said yes to her, told my colleagues that I couldn't come that day. And that's all I could remember, till suddenly everything felt like a dream. I only had some pieces of blurry images in my head, I could feel people carrying me, moving me, calling my name, but that's all. I was like conscious for 5 seconds, and blacked out for another several hours. Again and again. I didn't know what was happening. 

When I finally woke up, there were people circling around me, looking at me with anxiety. I was lying on a bed in a hospital ward. They told me that I had been sleeping for 3 days full, not waking up at all. They asked me several times whether I remember fainting or when somebody came to visit me, but I could remember nothing about whatever that happened during the past three days. I lost my appetite (which is usually super huge), I lost my weight, and I lost my energy.

I was hospitalized for 6 days in total.

If you asked me, what's wrong? I myself don't have the clear answer. I even had myself checked in Penang, but the doctors told me there was nothing wrong with me. I didn't hit my head, my blood check shows that I'm totally normal, so I had no idea what's wrong. They told me, maybe because my body is weak, and I overworked myself. Well, might just listen to them.

Well, the bright side is, I got a chance to learn somethings important during my stay in the hospital.

First, life is crazily UNPREDICTABLE. You'll never know what will turn up in your life tomorrow, or even the next second you breathe. I used to be a very healthy person, I seldom fell sick, even for simple illness like catching a cold. But see, who knows what'll happen, I even got myself admitted to the hospital, which I never imagined would ever happen in my life before. Or maybe, the next phone call that you get, might be informing you that you win a lottery. Anything can happen within a blink of eye. Therefore, cherish every moment you have right now. Yes, right now. Either it's bad or it's good, remember at least you're still alive to feel it. Start doing what you want and what you love now. Chase your dream. Live like there's no tomorrow.

Second, LOVE your FAMILY. Your family might not be the best one in the world. Every family has its flaw. You might hate it, but remember you're a part of it, so maybe you wanna check on yourself first? If you hate your family, you could be hating yourself too. So why love your family? Because family is the one who will love you unconditionally. Totally. My mom is fine with exhausting herself up as long as I had all that I need. My brother is fine with losing some sleep for several nights in a row just to make sure that I had no problem sleeping at nights. My other brother is fine with all the fuss like looking for ways to make me feel better, going back and forth, doing the housework while mom was taking care of me in the hospital. My dad is fine checking me every day, asking around and spending a large sum of money that he hardly earn only to make sure that I would be healthy again.
That's why, love your family. They are the one who will support you whatever happens. (well, except if it's a bad thing, of course they won't support you!) The way they show their love might not be the sweet one, but you don't want to go through what I go through, right, just to experience how deep their love to you? Start loving your family more. Hang out with them. Spend more time with them. Because they're the most precious thing that you'll ever have in your life.

Third, LOVE others. For almost every single day of my 6-day stay in the hospital, there were people visiting me, my relatives, my best friends, my colleagues, my students, even my family members' friends. They all showered me with a lot of affection, care and love. They kept supporting me, buying me food that I like so that I could eat more, trying to make me smile, trying to make me feel comfortable. I'm so grateful that I have them in my life. This was when I realized that I had these amazing people around me, who care about me, who won't take me for granted, who will be there through good and also bad times, who indeed will stay with me when I need them. Which is why, with their love for me, I should learn to love others like they do. Cause only with love, we can make the world a better place, 'ait?

Fourth, DON'T OVERTHINK. I myself am a person who ponders a lot. When you tell me I'm sick, then I'll start to wonder a gazillion things, like "Will I be hospitalized? Do I need to have a surgery? Will I be okay? Will I bla bla bla and bla bla bla?" which make me stressed out. It's still hard for me to not overthink, since it's one of my nature, but seriously your mind affects your body greatly. When you're not feeling well, don't let your mind burden your body. Cause your body listen to your mind. Just have positive thoughts, and your body will response with positive vibes. If it's hard, try to do your hobbies, or anything you like, so that you won't think about it too much. :)

Well, I feel extremely thankful to anyone, who has been there for me during those hard times. Whoever you are, including the nurses and the doctors. Thank you so much. :)

Okay, okay, I know it starts to feel like I'm writing a novel, and it gets boring, right?
So, I'm gonna end this, don't worry, haha
My point is, I had to go through this not-so-good experience (well, since when being admitted to hospital is a good thing? *shrugging) to realize what I have, and learn all these things. I hope that you don't have to experience the same thing just to realize what I realized and learn what I learned.
You can start by looking around, and start loving :)

Btw, it's Valentine's Day tomorrow! <3
So, Happee Valentine's Day, everyone!!
Spread the love! :*

xoxo

sillyandordinarygirl



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow that's scary! I've fainted at school before, but yours seems more serious! Make sure you get a lot of rest! And drink lots of water!
    xx Kenzie
    Kenzieblogslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely!
      You too, take good care of yourself, okay? :)

      Delete