G-8

The Wedding of Yudhi ❤ Yessi

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - October 07, 2015

Hello, hello, hello!
I'm really sorry for my disappearance for these several weeks, it's mostly due to the very terrible internet connection here in my house. Yes, again and again. I know, it started to feel like an old excuse, but trust me, I'm not lying here. Yet, I found out one of the reasons why it has been going on and off like crazy all these while, well it's mainly because of the road constructions in my neighborhood. And, the very bad news is, it might be going on till January next year. *sigh *like it isn't enough all this time *sigh again. Well, no matter how it is, I'll definitely try my best to keep you updated! :)

Anyway, enough with the complaint, I feel very excited to share today's post to all of you.

Well, first of all, thru this blog post, I would like to wish Yudhi and Yessi "A Very Happy and Long-lasting Marriage" <3 and thank you so much for inviting me and my friends to the wedding. It was very beautiful. :)

The gorgeous bride :)


The G-8 members had been invited two to three months before the D-day,(well, the real reason we got invited was because we're close friends of the bride's brother, Mr. +Daniel Jiang, and we'd got the news while the wedding was still "under construction"), so we had quite a lot of time to prepare for the big day. :D

As for me, since this is a very close friend's sister's wedding, I prepared quite much. I bought a new dress, a new pair of high heels, took a better care of my skin and tried to lose some weight (note: tried) in order to look much better in photos XD . On top of all, it took me two months to prepare for all of these, although I actually didn't end up with much progress wkwk

Apart from the wedding reception, we were also invited to the wedding ceremony in a church in the morning. None of us had attended that kind of wedding ceremony before, the kind which we only got to see in movies, the one when the bride and groom say "I do", so we're superly excited to be there.

The holy matrimony was held in the chapel of Grha Methodist Merak Jingga Medan. The chapel is small but for me, it is the size that helps make the wedding so special, because it is meant to be intimate, for close friends and family only. Despite its size, the chapel somehow finds a way to look majestic <3 which makes the ambience become even more serene, peaceful and romantic. :)



Look how happy they are :D


 And the wedding reception.

Love how a little affection can show how much he loves her <3


In most of the wedding receptions in Medan, there's a lucky draw or a game played together with the whole guests. And in this party, there's a game called "Batu Goncang", the game rules are quite simple. Each guest will get a piece of paper with random numbers on it, then the host on the stage will shake a bottle full of folded papers with numbers, pick one out and sing the number out loud. If there's any number on our paper is mentioned, then we should cross it. The game goes on until someone gets all the number on his/her paper crossed. I, of course, didn't have that much luck. Haha
But him? He was amazingly LUCKY that night. Without having too much hope of winning the game, he won the grand prize! Yes, it's the GRAND PRIZE! A two-way ticket from Medan to Kuala Lumpur and back to Medan. Waaaaww!!

Finally, full members after a while!

This is hilarious! We're photobombed by an "I'm-busy-taking-selfie" man! Haha 

Fun Trivia:
All the dresses that the bride wore that day and on her prewed photos were handmade by her mom, and this is not an endorse, but all of her wedding dresses are so elegant, well-designed and they look really fabulous on her. Perhaps added with the magic of mom's love? :)

Fin? Sure not. There's more to go. Stay tune for the rest of the story :)

See you soon, 

sillyandordinarygirl :)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments