A Letter of Gratitude :)

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - November 08, 2015

Hello, there!
How's your first week of November? :)
We're having lots of rain here. :D

Through this post, I would like to share my letter of gratitude specially for those extraordinary people around me. :)

All of these started two weeks ago,
I had a really bad cough (a really bad one, and I don't have any plan to describe it any further here), and the doctor said that there might be something wrong with one of my lungs. and worst of all, it might have the possibility of being contagious. I was really depressed at those moments, all I could think of was how lonely it would be to live secluded from everyone, how I was gonna go on with my life without being able to go to work (because I'm a teacher, and it wouldn't be good for the kids), and it was all predicted to be for months. That's all based on the information that I got from here and there.

But, I managed to walk through those times, thanks to the people around me who won't stop showing how much they care about me.
I'm truly grateful and lucky to have these people around me.
Maybe they'll say they didn't do much, but for me they did a whole lot.
My mom, with her greatest contributions, who won't stop asking me whether I've taken my medicine, whether I'm eating full or not, and even cut off some of her sleeping time just to take care of me, checking me from time to time.
My dad, the one who wants me to be strong whatever the result is, the one who keeps telling me that's there's nothing wrong with me, and also the one, without me knowing, keeps himself updated with my every condition through my mom.
My brothers, one of those who even sacrificed himself to fight through the traffic jam that he hates the most only to send me to the doctor, and one of those who usually doesn't show much care, keeps nagging me to have more vitamin tablets.
My colleagues, who worked very hard to cover all my shifts during my sick-leaves, the ones who ask me every single day, whether I'm getting better, and also the ones who kind-heartedly offer me any help, and ask me not to work too hard.
My best friends, who when I asked not to come visit me because I'm afraid that they would get infected, simply replied me with,"Then we'll wear masks, nothing much to worry about.", for the non-stop "Get Well Soon" wishes, and for crazily accompanying me wearing masks while we're hanging out just so I don't look awkward. XD
At the end, fortunately, with all their support and care, I am now getting better and better each and every day, and there's really nothing to worry about, it's not as scary as what we thought and I can go on with my life (the doctor said I'm fully okay, and that I only need to have another check up next month). :D

The point is, I'm feeling extremely grateful to have them. I had a lot of time for myself to think during those times, and I came to realize that "What would I be without them?"
Maybe I'll be completely down, maybe I won't even be able to rest well, worrying endlessly.

Through this, I get to learn that human indeed can't live alone in this world. I promised myself that I'll cherish them even more and more, I won't ever take them for granted, I'll be there when they need me just like what they did to me,

For any of you reading this, if you have your family members with you, or your best friends, or colleagues, that are important to you, don't wait till tomorrow to show them how you feel about them, we never know what'll happen in the future, you might not have any more chance to show them that you care about them, you love them, and that they can really count on you.
If you are asking how, well, remember: you don't have to do big, cause it's all the simple little things that matter. You don't have to say "I Love You" all the time, you don't have to give big presents, it could be as simple as asking "Have you eaten?" "How was your day?" "Wear more clothes, it's cold!" "Drink more water!" and so on. It's as simple as this, I'm sure you'll be able to do it, right? :)

Do it NOW! Don't let it be a regret as we can't turn back the time!
Remember: it's  the simple little things that matter! :)

p.s: Don't forget to do some sports, my dear readers, even if you're super busy! Don't let your guard down and get sick like me! Drink looooots of water! and Stay healthy! :)

Bye for now,


xoxo
sillyandordinarygirl
:D

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I definitely have a fear of being ill especially because I'm in Uni 2 hours away from home! I do really hope you feel better soon! It isn't fun being sick!
    xx
    kenzie
    Behindhazeleyes06.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Kenzie,
      You should take good care of yourself! Be strong and stay healthy! Don't get sick like me! :(
      Thank you for the wish. :)
      xoxo
      sillyandordinarygirl

      Delete