Sidney Sheldon's Morning, Noon and Night

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - July 12, 2015

Hello, how was your previous week?
Mine was soooo hectic. It's the first week of school and we need to make a lot of arrangements (that is changing endlessly - really hope it ends soon). At the end of working hour each day, we felt so exhausted. =.=

Well, although it was quite hectic but I'm glad that we still got our own Me-time once we got home. And, I was spending mine turning the pages of Sidney Sheldon's Morning, Noon and Night. To be honest, I mostly read romance novels, so I didn't expect much when I was reading this one. I was actually looking for some other books in the internet, and I came across a seller who sells the book that I wanted and also some second-hand imported books. Compared to buying the new imported books, which could be quite expensive, the price they charged for these old books are quite cheap. So, I was intrigued to buy (yes, first, it was because of the price! haha). Then, I tried to search about Sidney Sheldon in the internet and turns out, his books are best-seller around the world. Now, there goes my second reason. XD

(credit: Google)

The Stanford family is one of the most respected in America - but behind the facade of fame and glamour lies a hidden web of blackmail, drugs and murder. When Harry Stanford, one of the wealthiest men in the world,mysteriously drowns while cruising on his yacht off the rugged coast of Corsica, it sets off a chain of events that reverberates around the globe. At the family gathering following the funeral in Boston, a strikingly beautiful young woman appears. She claims to be Stanford's daughter and entitled to a share of the tycoon's estate. Is she genuine, or is she an impostor? Sweeping from the splendors of the Italian Riviera, to the fashion salons of Paris and New York, and the opulence of Boston and Florida, Morning, Noon & Night twists and turns its way through intrigue, smoke and mirrors to a surprise ending you'll never forget.
-wikipedia


As I said, I didn't expect much reading Sidney Sheldon's, as his books are mostly mystery and thriller theme. But, I was also feeling slightly fed up after reading too many romance novels these several months, so I thought I'd give it a try. :)

It turned out, really beyond my expectation. Sidney Sheldon got me charmed. Just like what the front cover promised us, "THE NEW PAGETURNING NO.1 BESTSELLER", I couldn't stop turning the pages till the end. It kept me wondering, "What's next? What's going to happen after this?". The ending of each chapter builds my curiosity over and over again and I just couldn't stop. I mostly read before I go to bed, and therefore, for these several nights, I slept late, and each night, I had to force myself to close the book and go to bed. If I were having holiday and I didn't have to go to work, I'm pretty sure I could finish the book in one day.

There are a lot of surprises awaiting us in every chapter, some that you might have thought of, some that mightn't have ever crossed your mind could happen. Sidney Sheldon's way of telling the story is really simple, yet exquisite. It somehow gives you a clear image of everything described in the book, a very vivid one indeed. The story itself carries a very deep meaning about life, trust and people. And I'm glad that I read this one in the original language, because sometimes the translated ones are not as clear and detailed.

After all, I really like and appreciate authors who can drag us, readers, to the world they created, make us feel as if we ourselves are in the story and make us stay for a long time there, simply with their words. They are just genius! And that's what I thought of Sidney Sheldon.

This book is really really really recommended by me. I just can't wait to read another masterpiece by Sidney Sheldon. XD

So, there goes my recommendation of the week. Hope you enjoy, and if you have any books, or movie to recommend, please do so! I'll be really happy to watch or read them :)

Thank you for reading,
and see you again,
:D


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments