[Travelogue] Sydney : Day 2 (2/2) - La Perouse and Vivid Sydney 2018 | sillyandordinarygirl

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - August 03, 2021

Picking up from the last post, upon satisfying our tummies and sweet tooth with good lunch and dessert, we resumed the quest of ticking off another checkbox in my "Sydney's to-visit" list. 
It was raining a little on our way to the next stop, and after the rain came the rainbow ❤
Can you spot the rainbow in the photo? I tried very hard to capture it, and this one was the clearest one I can get. :D
After almost-an-hour bus ride from Green Square Station and a transfer in between to Anzac Pde Terminus, we finally arrived at our destination: La Perouse
La Perouse is actually a suburb in the south-eastern of Sydney, but its main tourist attractions are mostly located in the peninsula in the north of Botany Bay. Among them are the Barrack Tower, La Perouse Museum, Congwong Beach, Bare Island Bridge and Fort, and Botany Bay National Park. 
The Barrack Tower La Perouse Sydney | sillyandordinarygirl
The Barrack Tower / The Watch Tower
which was built in around 1821 or 1822 as a lookout station for soldiers to keep watch for smugglers and strayships along the coast.
The Barrack Tower La Perouse Sydney | sillyandordinarygirl
When we arrived, there was still a drizzle, hence the water drops on my camera lens as seen above :P, but you know what, I actually like this little natural effect XD, it kinda made the photo look a bit more dramatic, doesn't it? And do you see the combination of blue, gray, and pink in the sky? ❤.❤
Congwong Beach La Perouse Sydney | sillyandordinarygirl
Congwong Beach
Bare Island (Fort) 
*Trivia: Bare Island Fort was featured in Tom Cruise's Mission Impossible 2 film! 
Bare Island Bridge La Perouse Sydney | sillyandordinarygirl

Bare Island Bridge

Bare Island Bridge
Bare Island Bridge La Perouse Sydney | sillyandordinarygirl
As it was getting dark and we weren't sure that the Fort was open on a public holiday, we thought it would be a wiser choice to just stay on the La Perouse side and not walk all the way to Bare Island. 
(Thanking this person here, Mr. H,  for being a great travel companion for a day and helping me tick off some of my checklists, also for taking good pictures of me XD, thanks again and I hope to see you again in Australia :) ) 
The rock formations along the coast
That pinkish sunset glow that accompanied us all the way back to Sydney <3

Coming back to Sydney, we initially planned to stop by the Circular Quay and the Sydney Opera House to check out Vivid Sydney 2018....
But... let me show you the sea of people 😅😅😅
Managed to squeeze in and took some photos too, though, but I couldn't stay for long as people kept pouring in... 😅😅😅
And some awesome light displays on the Opera House:
And I'll be back with more decent coverage of the event, STAY TUNE!
I went home (read: to my cousin's apartment, ofc, although I do wish it's my home, you know what I mean, XD) just in time for my cousins' house-warming dinner party. They made lots of food and invited some good friends over. It was fun and also heartwarming to meet and see their friends, who are literally like their own family. And it was just perfect to have the house-warming party in the winter, as you know, everyone's heartfelt presence was warming the house. :)

Well, that would be the end of my Day 2. 
See you on the next day's post! :)


xoxo, 
sillyandordinarygirl


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments