[Travelogue] Sydney : Day 0 - Intro | sillyandordinarygirl

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - July 03, 2021

Hello, there! :)
You see, the last time I post anything about my travel diary, that was two years ago. And, I do realize I was making super duper uber slow progress in updating the diary even then. I stopped posting after the Melbourne series which was posted in June 2019, and the trip itself actually took place in June 2018. So you can say that it took me 1 year to complete a travel diary/series. Sorry not sorry. :P There were and are things that I need(ed) to prioritize at times which often means that I have to put aside the blog for a while. With that being said, I don't regret putting my blog on hold. Every since the beginning, I always think of this blog as a platform for me to share my thoughts and immortalize the moments in my life that I cherished. I don't ever want it to burden me or to give me any pressure, though I still wish to learn to be consistent in something. However, I do know it is quite time-consuming and I wanna do it stress-free, which kinda mean I want to post things while also having fun doing it, so please don't criticize me for doing it at my own pace haha. Anyway, I decided to start another travelogue series and ... pick up where I stopped (or, paused :D). For you, who are reading, I hope (in advance) that you'll enjoy accompanying me in this journey of re-tracing and walking down my memory lane. Fingers crossed! 
p.s.: Please wish me luck! I'm not sure I'm gonna remember everything including the details, but I'll try my best :P 
So, the new travelogue series will be based on my days in Sydney in June 2018. So I basically spent around 25 days in Australia that June, 5 days in Melbourne and 20 days in Sydney. The more complete back story of how I ended up in Australia can be read in Melbourne: Day 1 (1/3).
As I had so many days in Sydney, I planned to take my time and explore the city without any rush. I simply listed down the places to visit, things to do and foods to taste in the city based on some references I found online. Each day, I just randomly decided where I wanted to go on that very day, no plan at all, and I just let my google Map and my feet took me to places. God, how I missed that trip! It's my very first semi-solo-travelling ('semi' 'cause I literally stayed at my cousins' and they took me around too when they had free time which was not really often as they had school and part time jobs) where I could just go wherever and whenever my heart desired. Sometimes I just walked around the city without any destination, sometimes I just sat on the bench in a park and looked around, sometimes I tried my luck hopping on a bus which I didn't know was the right one or not. I had a lot of 'first-times' during my days in Sydney. My first time travelling in a city mostly alone, my first time volunteering in the Sydney Film Festival, my first time watching a musical in a theatre, and many other... I had so much fun, I felt so free, but also broke at the end of the trip XD
Therefore, I hesitated at first of how I should arrange this series, should I make the posts based on the days like what I usually do, but I'm worried that it would appear quite messy, because there are days when I probably just went to the same place that I'd visited before or perhaps I just walked around without any clear destination and so there won't be anything worth mentioning on the day's post; or should I divide them based on the places, the sights, the foods only so that it's easier to read or...hmm..
But anyway, I think I'm gonna stick to my own style. It's my travel diary, so I'm gonna have it my way~. Maybe later, at the end of the series, I will also make some summary posts to list down the places and everything else, if that's necessary?    


Anyway, I think that's enough for the intro!
See you on the first day?

:)
sillyandordinarygirl

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments