[Travelogue] Gardens by the Bay : Flower Dome | Singapore | sillyandordinarygirl

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - January 29, 2018

As the final part of the Gardens by the Bay series, I hereby present you with some of the photos from the Flower Dome. 
Remember from the last post, where I mentioned that "I was both in awe and in shame" when I revisited the Gardens by the Bay: Cloud Forest the next day after the anniversary? In that entry, I explained why I think it is really an AWEsome place, and I promised to elaborate why I was in SHAME through the next post. 
Honestly, I felt really shameful because I underestimated this cutting-edge structure to be nothing more than a luxurious glasshouse. I'd heard lots of recounts about it but I was still skeptical, not allowing myself to expect that much, and when I was arranging the itinerary, I spared only two hours for GBTB (short of Gardens by the Bay). I really thought that there wouldn't be much to see, and that I better spent more time at any other place. But, I have to admit, I was utterly WRONG. 
Let me tell you, so that you won't make the same mistakes I did: 
DO spare one full afternoon (or even more!) to fully enjoy and explore both the Cloud Forest and the Flower Dome! Oh, and the Supertree Groove as well!
I didn't check time at all while I was there, I just let myself completely lost in this lush and idyllic garden, (and artificial mountain as to mention the Cloud Forest), breathing in a lot of fresh air, getting closer to the nature, without being rushed by the tight schedule of itinerary and I realized how I loved travelling like that. So, guys, really, take your time while you are there. You'll see the beauty in a lot of corners there. Flowers in vibrant colors right and left, accompanied by fine works of art, it's really a joy to the eyes!
Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay

Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay | sillyandordinarygirl

Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay

Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay

Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay


Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay

Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay

Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay

Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay

Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay

Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay

Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay

Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay

 Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay

Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay

Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay

Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay

Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay

Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay
They said that as the season changes, so does the flower theme in the Flower Dome. I once read that they had this blue theme during the Christmas last year. So, I like this "keep updating" idea they have in GBTB that they can always offer something new to us, and it would mean more things to expect for another visit. 


And, one other thing that I didn't get to experience, is climbing up this OCBC Skyway (see the bridge connecting the Supertree Groove?) and "take a scenic stroll, 22 metres above ground, in the very heart of nature" as the ads claimed. I thought it would be really fun, but since the anniversary was just the other day, and they had to do some maintenance thing, so it was closed that day. Sad, but I guess it gave me even more reasons to come back? *fingers crossed
Supertree Groves at Gardens by the Bay

Supertree Groves at Gardens by the Bay


Singapore Flyer and Gardens by the Bay

Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer


Flower Dome
Opening Hours: 09:00 - 21:00 Daily
Address: 18 Marina Gardens Drive Singapore
Tel: +65 (0)6420 6848

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments