[Movie Review] Baby Driver: "Music Video"-Style Movie

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - August 31, 2017

photo from www.hunterandbligh.com.au

Okay, so I've just got home from the cinema, and I can't stop thinking about this movie, like literally, I really wanna share with everyone out there, that I guess to keep myself sane from the excitement, I might just write something about it. Well, it's really been a while since I last posted a movie review, and today, I'm back at it, cause this movie totally nailed it! It's definitely worth a RECOMMENDATION! 
Yeah, you heard me right, this is movie is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! 
It is SO SO GOOD....wait for it, NO, DON'T WAIT! JUST GO AND WATCH!
This movie is completely enjoyable from the beginning to the ending, action-packed, comedy-packed, brutality-packed (but not to the point that you end up feeling disgusted, like "Saw", no offense to Saw's fans). It is made with perfection, with every single part of it being thoughtfully and cautiously curated: the story, the songs, the witty dialogues and jokes, the characters, the choreography, the car chase, the thrill, the camera angle, the actors' brilliant performance, the...everything! I simply love everything about the movie. 
I really love how the characters' each and every move fits perfectly to the beats of the soundtracks,  it feels like we're watching a super cool MINDBLOWING music video; the way each scene smoothly builds up and flawlessly escalates to the climax, and how some of the unexpected twists left me gasping several times. 
Baby Driver is like an oasis in the middle of the desert full of superhero movies, XD if you get what I mean. Something to freshen you up from the bombarding superhero line-up. It's s really good watch, I definitely enjoyed every single bit of it, I couldn't even take my eyes off the screen right from the start to the end, that it didn't feel like an almost-two-hour movie for me. The movie's story line might sound cliché when you read the synopsis, but trust me, it is being presented in a very TOP-NOTCH way. 
And, hey, one more thing to add, I'm loving the background color of the promotional poster, which is pink, a very rare choice of color for an action crime thriller movie. Hmm, how cute <3

RATE: 5/5 

p.s.: This review is based on my personal opinion, different views may apply :)

Here's the trailer, enjoy!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments