[Travelogue] Short-Escape: Penang, Day 4 Part 1/3 :) | Catching Sunrise at Tan Jetty and Brunch at Daily Dose Cafe,

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - March 09, 2017

Can't believe it's really March already, it really feels like 2016 was just yesterday, and now it's the last month of 2017's first quarter! Yes, almost 3 months have passed since the New Year! Oh my God! Where has all the time gone to? Time really does ride on a jet plane instead of a commercial plane!  Dear time, please wait for meee! *shock *realityslaps 

So, dear you, who have been waiting for the latest update of my blog and are now reading this, I'm truly SORRY from the very bottom of my heart, again and again for the lack of update, for being MIA since more than a month ago. I know it's gonna be another excuse, but I really needed to focus on my full time job, as work has been really hectic recently (I barely had time to watch drama anymore T.T) and I just got my hands on Adobe Lightroom, which is something really new for me, and it takes so much time editing pictures as I'm still not used to it, (well, I sincerely want to post only the good quality pictures for you, my dear readers, which is why I'm trying my best to learn things that help make that happen, one of them is learning how to use Lightroom, although I know I still have a long way to go......) 
So yeahh, I hereby present you the day 4 of our short-escape travel diary, divided into 3 parts, cause I've got soo much to share, and it would be too long to be fitted into a single post, and I bet, you'll get tired even before the pictures finish loading. So, I did a good job, 'ait? 

October 28, 2016. (arrgghhh, that was almost 6 months ago, oh dear GOD! Tell me where I can find Alice's Mr. Time? Should I go to the Wonderland to find him? *sigh) 
Back to the travel diary, we started the day with another Sunrise Hunting back in Tan Jetty, Georgetown. (feel free to read the Day 1 travel diary here). Mr. +Daniel Jiang (the guy behind http://flavorfulescape.blogspot.co.id/) initially planned a solo sunrise-hunting here, (he said he didn't want to force us to wake up earlier, just to join him hunting for pictures, that we could sleep in for some more time, and that he was okay by going alone. *or maybe, deep inside, he actually preferred not to be disturbed by us and enjoy the hunting without us complaining??? *devil's smile... Nah, just kidding, XD I'm sure he meant well for us, but he truly forgot that his friends were and still are, people who are sneaky enough to tag along whenever anyone says "It's FREE!". Furthermore, we're in travelling mode, every minute is so precious, so why would we bother spending more time sleeping in when we can go out and see more? Just bring us anywhere!) 
If you've been reading all this while, you know how I love watching sunrise, and that day, at dawn, nobody but us was present there, and it was so serene, that just watching the sun rising with my dear companions felt so peaceful and soothing, how I wish everyday could start like this. 

(Tried to play with some tone in Lightroom, what do you think?)

And..... the sun's UP!


(Title: "Even the Sun Gets Photobombed!" XD)

I guessed a crow can be a good model too at times?




Ending the sunrise hunting with a Uber-ride back home by a super-friendly Uber-driver, we headed back to our airbnb and got ready for our brunch of the day at Daily Dose, which is famous for its breakfast options. 
Daily Dose is a nicely decorated heritage house turned into a cafe, located in Georgetown, which is within reach by foot (again, yes!) from our airbnb homestay. The barista is really friendly, and super cool, and the service was great! Not to mention, thumbs up for the food served! Recommended!
Turned out, arriving late at a cafe specializing in breakfast unexpectedly can be a good choice. By then, at around 10-11 p.m, which is basically the not-early-enough-for-lunch but also not-too-late-for-breakfast hour, there was barely anyone there except us, so we could enjoy our times there taking pictures of the whole place without worrying that we'll annoy anyone. For a super loud group like us, that was just like heaven on earth! 






Lots of spots for "instagram-worthy" pictures!




















House BLT (RM 15.00)


Joyous Sunny (RM 12.00)
Cheesy Bacon Toast (RM 17.00)
Dumplings
Cappucino


Big Breakfast (RM 20.00)

Golden Brown (RM 12.00)
Granola(RM 15.00)

Coffee Cheese (RM 12.00)

Though we had these for brunch, but these surely are great and delish choices of breakfast that (I bet, if you are an eater as big as my friends and I) will definitely boost up your energy for the day and brighten up your whole day. :D

The Daily Dose
36, Stewart Lane
10200 Georgetwon, Pulau Pinang
Tel: 604-2519168
Email : dailydosepenang@gmail.com


To be continued....

See you in the next post, 

xoxo


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments