Prawn Noodle and Nasi 7 Benua :d

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - September 12, 2016

It's national holiday tomorrow, and I just can't be happier, cause not only Sunday, now finally Monday will be a beautiful day too. I just love the long weekend so much!!

Well, since it's the beloved Sunday today, I managed to try out two different eateries in Medan, and I could proudly say my tummy was happy for the whole day. :d

For brunch on the late Sunday morning, we decided to satisfy our mom's craving at a small stall, located on Jln Teuku Cik Di Tiro. It is a house-turned-into-a-food-stall, which is famous for its Prawn Noodle or what we call as "Mie Udang Terasi". It's noodle served with fish meatball, prawn, fried small prawn (ebi), bean sprouts, some water spinach (kangkung), and boiled egg as seen in the photos. There are several options for noodle available, such as bee-hoon, egg/yellow noodle, or kwe-tiao. Apart from this all, the spotlight goes to the red spicy soup. It tastes really good that it made me want to finish it all. (I'm definitely not the kind of person to drink off the remaining soup when there's nothing left in it.) It somehow blends really well with the sambal terasi that it makes me won't stop digging into the bowl. spoon-ing the scrumptious hot red soup again and again into my mouth. Though it may look like it, but the soup is not really oily, not the type to make you feel sick eating too much of it. 



You can find the stall super easily, as it is exactly the first house on the left side on Jln. Teuku Cik DiTiro. Thought this might help :) 
Taste? Entirely recommended.
Price: A bit expensive, around 40k per bowl.
Parking: Might be a little bit hard, when the street is crowded.
Place setting: A bit crampy, clean, so OK.  

Next, next for the super-late-lunch-it's-almost-dinner, we tried out this restaurant, called "Nasi 7 Benua"(in English, it would be "7 Continents Rice"?), located right next to SmarCo on RingRoad Street as per recommendation by my brother. We 
got there at around 3.30 to 4, that there were barely anyone besides us. 



 We ordered the Ayam Negro, the one in the middle, which is actually chicken cooked in sweet soy sauce, another chicken dish (I'm not really sure whether it's Ayam Kari or Ayam Gulai, it tastes like somewhere in between), as well as Urap and Curry as the additional dishes. The main highlight of all the dishes served on the table is the "Nasi 7 Benua" of course. 

There are seven different tastes of rice on the plate, named as Nasi Putih, Nasi Lemak Pandan, Nasi Tomato, Nasi Minyak, Nasi Kacang, Nasi Hujan Panas and Nasi ChaCha. Can you guess which one is which?
Each of them indeed smells really fragrant, and with their own distinctive tastes, it's a very unique and the very first experience for me to actually eat 7 different types of rice in one go. I think it's such a creative twist and it sure is successful in attracting my attention.
Their Urap is one of the best Urap I've ever tasted in my life. Really good! And the Indian Curry as well! One of the best too. Rich in spices and thick but melts right away in your mouth, and the spiciness level was just...right. It tastes just perfect for me, but for my brother and my mom, they said it was too Indian for them. Haha (Or is this only because I like to eat tandoori? *shrug)


Is Greenland really a continent? *wonder

The hint to your guess!
Oh no, it's not the hint! It's the answer key! Zoom in to check whether you guessed it right. 
Taste: 3-4/5
Price: Affordable! Around 28k-30k per person
Parking: No worries


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments