Captain America : Civil War

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - April 29, 2016

Whose Side Are You On?


It's been a while since I last post a movie review, guess it's time to have another one coming? 

Well, I have just got home after watching Captain America: Civil War and I'm smiling. :)
Means I'm not disappointed at all.

I've been impatient to reach home soon and share my opinion with you guys, cause I gotta say "It's a lot better than Batman vs Superman, guys!!" And I'm glad Batman vs Superman was released first before Captain America. You know, I'm the whole "save-the-best-for-the-last" kinda person. I'm happy that I'm left with better impression about superheroes movies, than just thought of it as "Nah, it's just another superhero movie, they just gonna fight, the superhero wins, and the villain loses, there's no point."

The conflict and the fight are wrapped in a much better way than Batman vs Superman. The movie is fully-packed with special effects and actions (they have a lot of fights, which are way better than The Avengers: Age of Ultron).  Oh, and they have humour too, though not much, especially when Ant-man and Spider-man lend their hands in the big fight. Well, literally, they are the only source of laughter in the movie. Oops, spoiler alert?

Both Captain America and Batman have the same duration, but I kinda felt a little bored halfway thru Batman, and according to me, the conflict in Batman vs Superman was too simple, and it was solved too easily, that the fight became pointless. On top of that, I really feel bad to say this, but I'm more attracted to the appearance of Wonder Woman in the movie instead of the two main leads. (Anyway, I'm excited to see her solo movie in 2017. :) )  Yet, in Captain America, besides the two main roles, the other superheroes share the fairly same importance in the movie. 

And hey, the movie also seems brighter and more colourful than Batman vs Superman, cause the setting of Batman vs Superman was just too gloomy, it's like dim, dark, night, rain, underground, well yeah Batman is the Dark Knight, shouldn't have expected much of the brightness. Well, don't bother. haha

I'm sorry, DC Comics, but I'm gonna say the award for the best "Superhero-vs-Superhero" movie so far  must go to Marvel. (But, don't worry, you still have Suicide Squad in my bucket list, maybe you'll win my heart back? XD )

Truthfully, at first before watching the movie, I couldn't decide which side I'm on. Either it's #TeamCap or #TeamIronMan, (It's more to #TeamCap actually, since Chris Evans is younger and more handsome with all the muscles, but wait! Robert Downey Jr. is seriously attractive too! Errrr, can't I just be on both side?)

But at the end, I'm sure I won't be on either's side, cause
"UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL."
I'm definitely on the Avenger's side. :D



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm so excited to watch this film! Great post! I dunno, I love how Iron man is just so sassy haha :)
    x Kenzie // Kenzieblogslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so you are #TeamIronMan? haha
      has the movie been released there?
      i heard they released it later in U.S than us here abroad.

      Delete