G-8

Happee Belated New Year 2016!!

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - January 28, 2016

Happee New Year 2016, everyoneeeeee!!
I know it's crazily late, it's almost Chinese New Year now, haha, but better late than neva, eih?
How's your January so far?
I hope it's wonderful, some of my friends have been complaining that it's been going too long. 
R u on the same boat?

Well, to boost your mood a bit, and hopefully lighten up your day, I'm sharing my moments spending the Eve, which I wish can help you recall your excitement on the New Year's Eve, and put a bright smile on your face. :)
This is my very first time actually spending New Year together with the fellow G-8 members in our basecamp. I usually spend the night watching the fireworks with my family members at home. Sooo, yeah, this is something really new for me. 

Right on the D-Day, it was initially decided that Daniel, Diana, and me would go shopping for the ingredients needed for the night then all of us would head to the basecamp to start everything. Ooops, sorry, forgot to mention that we had been planning to have another hotpot and grill party. No, not BBQ like the old times. Yes, we(okay, I!) are getting older and we (ugh, yes, I again!) are conscious to the fact that we should start taking care of our bodies, one of which is by eating healthier, (read: more veggies in the hotpot), and less grilled meat, (sorry, we can't really restrict ourselves from that, but we really ate less though, a lot less, some of us only ate one slice, trust me!). 
Back to the story, I was having headache that morning, so I decided not to join the shopping and informed them. After some rest, I went to the basecamp at around 5 to avoid the rush hour, and when I thought they had arrived from the grocery shopping, they're not. I called them and they told me they were stucked in the traffic jam on the way home. New Year got the whole town moving~ When they arrived, we rushed to start the prep right away, as we've learned from past experience that when we began preparing at 7, we got to eat at almost 10. So this time, we started earlier, at 6, with four of us, plus Karina, as she arrived not so long after, while waiting for the others to come.
There's a lot happening during the preparation, some were busy washing the veggies, some busy cutting, frying, chitchatting, arranging the table or even documenting(that got to be either me or +Erick Young :p ) And guess our record this time?  
Started preparing at 6, starved at 7 to 8, so we kind of vacuumed all the fries before dinner even started, (a very good idea to have fries for appetizer! Whoever you are, that come up with the idea, next time, please prepare more, pleaseeee, you know we're little hungry monsters, and you know that the more you eat fries, things with that much sodium, the more your appetite rises, ait? We need more! We need more! :d:d ), decorated the table for emmm half an hour? or more? till several of us started complaining,"It's almost nine! When shall we start? Huuuuuungry!", then finally had our first bite at 9. It's crazy how hours just went like that, who would have imagined that we would spend 3 hours only to do the preparation. Wooow. 



Two of my decorations :D Yes! I did it and I photographed it. Woohooo!


The final table arrangement

Had several attempts to record what's going on in the kitchen of our basecamp, yeaaaaaaahhh, we're basically...... having FUN! The largest reason why we're taking so much time in preparing. XD


Here it goes!!!
Come to mamaaa!






While eating, as always, we're chitchatting, talking about everything, the secrets we'd been keeping in the dark all this time, the sharing about our feelings to each others, the maturing process, anything, that we fully spent the entire night just the eight of us, in the dining table, not knowing that it's almost 2016 already. When we had a glance at the clock, we were panicking, cause we wanted to rush to the rooftop to gaze at the night sky, admiring the New Year's fireworks display. We did the cleaning up as fast as we could and as properly as we could too, of course.Then, right as the hand of the clock almost struck 12, we ran to the rooftop like Cinderella would from the castle when the bell chimes for the 12th times.  



Happee New Year from us!
Wish this year bring you lots of fun, joy, luck, chances, prosperity, or maybe love?
Whatever it is that you wish for, don't just wish for it, fight for it, because I'm sure it's really possible once you've set your mind at it! :)

See you soon,

xoxo
sillyandordinarygirl

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments