Happee Surprise Day, Diana! \(^o^)/

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - December 18, 2015

I'm sorry for the super late post, Ms. Diana, since you're expecting us to post in any social media that we have, but I was late for over a week, so truly sorry!
 *just kidding XD

Hi, there!
I'm back with the double surprise story that we prepared for +Diana Liu 's birthday surprise!

Here it goes.
First, we created a group chat thru Line without her(of course, it's without her!) and discussed about how we should celebrate it this year. Well, we have been celebrating birthdays for years now, and it's getting harder and harder each year trying to figure out what's the best surprise that we could come up with this year. There were some ideas mentioned, such as hiding in her house and surprise her when she arrived home from work, another one was appearing suddenly at her gym, or even make some excuses to take her to our basecamp. At first, we struggled a bit looking for the best choice. Some wanted to make a big blast, some wanted to have a simple one. But! 

Something happened in the midst of the confusion, and it led us to an anonymous vote.
I couldn't use the word "fortunately" here as it's not entirely a good thing for us. One of our members, the host of our basecamp, Mr. Daniel Jiang, fell from his motorbike and hurt himself while he's on the way to work one morning. And along with that, came a new idea, "let's pretend we're visiting him, make her think that we forget about her birthday, but we're having her birthday surprise instead." So, it's a surprise beneath another surprise.

We told her that we're going to surprise Daniel by visiting him at his home, buying him some fruits, wishing him get well soon, bla bla bla (Daniel actually knew about our plan). So, we ended up with two different group chat. One entitled "Diana's Birthday Surprise"(with Daniel, without Diana), and the other one for Daniel's surprise(without Daniel, with Diana). The second one was actually a disguise to make her think that we're really serious with our plan.

Confused?
Hopefully not. :)
Cause it's far more confusing for us.
Trust me, when you're in our positions (the remaining members), it was really hard to stay focus. We had to multitask, being active in both groups to keep her guard off and also discussing what to prepare for the surprise, and seriously, it's extremely puzzling. There were times when we made mistakes, though, like mentioning about cake in the wrong group. Fortunately, she didn't realize anything. XD

To make everything more real, I even pretended that I wouldn't be able to join because I wasn't feeling well,(this is just an excuse to let me have more time to buy the birthday cake) and she trusted me. *I'm so sorry for lying. T.T

For all those times, she really did believe that everything was for Daniel.

Our initial plan was for me to arrive first at Daniel's house with the cake, and for the others to gather at her house and go together to the basecamp. So both Daniel and I would surprise her when they arrived. BUT, it didn't go as planned. It was getting dark when only Winda and Erick arrived at Diana's house (Wesley took some time to finish his bath, and Putra was stuck at his house waiting for him). Three of them didn't want to set off late, because they had to ride public bus, and it's dangerous if it's dark, so they decided to leave first, without the other two.

Daniel and I had waited for quite a while, then suddenly Winda told us thru Line that they're coming. Daniel realized that I hadn't hidden my shoes yet, and I realized that Diana would recognize my shoes, because we bought it together. I rushed to the door to remove my shoes, but right at the moment when I almost opened the door, I saw two people standing in front of the gate, and they saw me too!!! They directly ducked down, and I was panicked. "She saw me, she saw me!", I told Daniel.
His reaction was LOL.
We carried the cake to Daniel's room(on the second floor) hurriedly, and waited patiently for them. Daniel's mom let them in, and let them sit in the dining room as they're impatiently waiting for the other two to arrive. We kept track on what's happening downstairs thru live update in our group chat cause Winda and Erick were signalling us every second.
Putra and Wesley took quite some time to come, especially you, Wesley!!
Both Daniel and I even lit the candles every time they said, "Get ready!", and then blew them again when they said, "Wait! Cancel!" a second later for several times. =.=


And here's the video of what happened next.
I was hiding beside the wardrobe, and Daniel was holding the cakes with his back facing the door.
Enjoy :)













  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments