The Four : The Final Battle (2014)

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - April 13, 2015


As what I've mentioned before, I was eagerly waiting to watch the third sequel of The Four trilogy. And since it wasn't played in our cinema here, I can only wait for the DVD or until it was available in the internet. But, I should it was quite worth the wait. Haha

Actually, I have watched the movie around 1-2 months ago, so this is literally a super late post. Forgive me, :)

As per before, my most favorite character in the movie is still Sheng Ya Yu, or Emotionless, played by Crystal Liu Yi Fei. <3 Most of the actors are still the same, with additional Alec Su, playing the role as The Emperor. His comical roles in Huan Zhu Ge Ge and Romance in the Rain are still very fresh in my mind, so when I watched him here playing a very serious role, I couldn't stop smiling because his funny expressions in those previous series were still lingering in my mind. He did quite a great job here, though. :)

As written in the title, this is the Final Battle so everything will end in this last sequel. The fight between the Divine Constabulary with the An minister's family. Compared to the second one, it was slightly better. The fighting scenes were increased with better visual effects too. More surprising events but there are also some which are quite predictable. I should admit that the conflict in the second sequel was a bit more intriguing that this one. And I expect more conflict from An Shi Geng, the main antagonist in the first movie, since he was kind of gathering power in the second sequel for the big fight, but it didn't really happen. So, I didn't really understand why they maintained his role here. 

Overall, it has quite an epic ending, although with a very simple resolution to its problem. I will still recommend it anyway. :)

p.s: (I still secretly hope that there will something more from the lovebirds, Ya Yu and Lingqi haha. I really love their gaze to each other, like there's no word needed to express their love to each other.  Hihihi. Liu Yi Fei and Deng Chao are two really great actors!!! Two thumbs up!) 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments