How Time Flies ~

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - April 19, 2015


This was taken five years ago, during our class' farewell trip to Brastagi. I wondered how times flies without us knowing. It does seem that time doesn't fly with its wings anymore, instead it is flying on a jet plane, with the fastest speed possible.
Several weeks ago, I got a chance to meet my old friends and had a nostalgic moment with them. Sharing stories and latest news about each other, I found out that some of our friends had turned to be really awesome. Some of them are on their way to chase their dreams, some have got high-paying jobs, some are pursuing their studies, some have gotten married and so on. Hearing this, I was feeling a bit down. They all turn really well. While I myself, still doing the exact same thing as five years ago while others have experienced different working environment or even preparing to chase their dreams. They are maturing and becoming real adult. Looking back, what have I accomplished? Where had all this time gone? Why does it make me feel that I'm the only one wasting all these five years doing nothing special? Why does it feel like I haven't achieved anything all this time? As if I've been playing around , busy enjoying myself and instead being left so far behind that I can't catch up with their pace anymore. *sigh

How have things around you changed all this time? And how much have you changed?

I wonder how life will be in another five years. Will I have changed a lot by that time? or Will I stay the same? Will you?

I struck myself with a lot of questions recently. What do I really want to do? What kind of thing will I have passion in? What kind of things that I will regret doing in the future? And what other kind of things that I definitely won't regret doing?

Maybe I'm currently at the crossroad of my life. Searching for my own calling.

Anyway, I miss all of my old classmates, and I'm eagerly waiting for a reunion. :D I miss the togetherness that we used to share, and I wish we'll all meet up very soon. See you guys again! Be healthy till then! Haha

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments