What You Have Been Missing~

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - December 23, 2014

Hello, hello!
Very long time no see!
Have been super busy these past few weeks preparing for the students' exam preparations, looking for new teachers, resting myself, and finally had some time to do some blogging. So, I'm going to give you a very quick review of what you have been missing these past few weeks.

- 29th November 2014
Had my graduation in the hall of our college. Wake up at 5 in the morning to catch up with the make up together with Diana, but we ended up finishing late. So when we're on the way there at around 8 something, the ceremony had started and I had to be there at 9 to accept my certificate and deliver my speech. So, panic on the way, non stop exhaling and inhaling to calm myself, and brother raced as fast as he could. Fortunately, we arrived there right about 15 minutes before my turn. Super relieved.
At least, we could make it in time. (Oh, I had to deliver the speech because i was granted as the student with the highest GPA in my major for this year. *blushing* *not expecting it at all* *because i know there are a lot more students who know Mandarin far better than me* *I'm just so lucky*)
So, here's the pictures.



(The teddy bear dolls were actually a surprise for me, my brother had promised me before that he would buy me the dolls for my graduation, but several days before the D-day, he told me that they were too expensive for him that he better gave me some money in ang pao as the graduation gift. I told him I wanted the dolls instead of money, since money is so meaningless if you give it as a gift, and he kept saying that he didn't have enough money and bla bla bla, so I didn't hope for it anymore. Until the D-day, my mom suddenly showed up with a big box and smiled to me. She said, "Here, this is what you want. Your brother has bought them for you and he hid it well. He has even bought the dolls before he told you that they were too expensive for him. He was just teasing you. See, how much your brother loves you."


I was touched to know that there are a lot of loving people around me. Thank You for my big brother for waking up very early in the morning just to send me to the make up artist's home, waited me there and raced all the way to the hall just so that i could make it in time. Thank You for my second brother for giving me the teddy bears. I know it's not easy for you to take them in home on your motorbike, but you still did it anyway. Thank You for my mom who has been expecting to see me deliver my speech but couldn't make it on time to see because we're all late, and for being more enthusiastic about the graduation than me. Thank You for my dad who has spared some of his busy time to come for a while and take picture with us, and to tell everyone that "Hey, that girl who gets the highest GPA is my daughter!" Thank You for my brother's girlfriend, who accompanied my mom for the whole ceremony. Thank You for the make up artist for make-uping us, and refused to accept our money. Thank You to Winda and Daniel for being such good friends to come and become our personal photographers. Haha. and Thank You everyone, each one of you, each one of my friends who had passed these four years together with me. Happy Graduation and wish each of us luck and success! 

-Beginning of December 2014
Busy preparing questions, typing, looking for resources, and catching up materials with the students. 

-11th December 2014
Stayed home because of high fever. It made me sweat all the night, and I had to change my clothes for around 4-5 times the whole night.

-12th December 2014
Thought I was better and got ready to work. Arrived work and felt nauseous. Still trying to hold until afternoon, I asked to go home earlier because the nauseous feeling was getting worse after lunch.

-13th December 2014
Feeling a lot better, and went back to work.

-14th December 2014
The fever came back at night and it made me sweat again for the whole night. 

-15th December 2014
Went to see a doctor and doctor asked to have my blood checked. He suspected that it could be dengue fever. Blood test came up after two hours and doctor informed me that I was fine. It could be because of dehidration. 

16th December 2014-19th December 2014
Helped the students prepare for their semester exam, got home, finished dinner, and rested right away.

20th December 2014-present day
Have been having holiday :) No work, total resting day, getting a lot better. and can't wait for Christmas to come :D

*22th December 2014
Mother's Day! Spending the whole day with Mom, shopping groceries, eating KFC! Splendid day to spend the special day with my mom. Although we didn't prepare anything for my mom, I think togetherness is also a sweet gift. Happee Mother's Day to my SUPERMOM! A mom who can do simply everything! And Happee Mother's Day to all mothers in the world! You guys are AWESOME! :D:D

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments