Nostalgia~

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - November 13, 2014

Hi, there!

It's has been a nostalgic week for me, and it all started with the recent hype all over the nation's social media -- Ada Apa dengan Cinta (LINE) (2014) mini drama!!! 
Have you watched it? If not, then you should go to www.youtube.com and you'll find it right on the very first page! (ooops, this is for Indonesia area only.)

The mini drama threw me back to my childhood-going-to-teenagehood moments. I still remembered when i first watched the original movie produced 12 years ago. I used to get all excited talking about the movie with my friends during those times and in fact, I still now. Haha. I first found out about this mini drama from the actors' instagram account where they posted pictures of the cast reunions in Seoul, South Korea!! And of course, it intrigued me right at that moment! 

And have you ever watched the original Ada Apa dengan Cinta (2002)? If yes, then let's recall together. If no, I'm sorry, spoiler alert!!!!!

Well, if yes, then you'll remember how the movie ends with Cinta sending Rangga away to New York. I couldn't say that the movie wasn't good because of the not so happy ending (i'm a total happy ending mania, not so interested with sad ending movies), it was still very good indeed, and i ended up liking it so much. Soooo, this mini drama kinds of giving us the ending that has been long awaited (by me, especially!) 

Can't figure out what I mean? Well, you should really watch the video by yourself. I really don't want to be a spoiler for the second time. And, I really hope that you will be smiling ear to ear when it reaches the end of the video. Like me, of course! Dian Sastro and friends look so mature in this movie and made me like it even more. Even Rangga (Nicholas Saputra) looks so neat, an exact reversal of his messy hair back then, yet he's still as serious as before. Although it is obviously made as an advertisement, but I really want to thank LINE for producing the happy ending. :) :)

After watching and putting a big grin on my own face, I felt that it's not complete without watching the original version again. So I ended up watching it, and another old Indonesian movie that I adore in my teenagehood -- Eiffel, I'm in Love!!!! 

I read the novel first before it was made into movie, and I loved it even more when they produced the movie! These two movies really took part in making me realize that guys who are Darcy-like are super attractive, and in getting me to understand what romance means, and in making me start to have all the imagination of meeting the love of my life, the one who cares about me, for no matter who I am, simply like Rangga and Adit. :)




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments