The Four II (2013)

By Lasmarya Hadi Purwanto - March 14, 2014


The next stop on my "movie-marathon" list was "The Four II (2013)" which is a sequel of "The Four" released in 2012. The main casts are all the same as the first one. And again, in the sequel too, my most favorite character is her, Wu Qing (Emotionless) played by Crystal Liu Yi Fei. 
The sequel takes everything to the next level. Either its fighting scenes, conflicts, visual effects, or even its love story take a level up. This movie is mainly about the action, but still a mystery to me why I'm more attracted to the love story between the two main character, Wu Qing and Leng Lingqi, rather than to the conflict and the action scenes. I just simply love the way they care about each other in the simplest yet straightforward way ever. There's not much skinship and we just somehow know that these two characters are deeply in love. (Here I am with the love story again...oh, I'm so biased! It's not even the main point!)
Pardon me, :p
Overall, the conflict is the sequel is much more complicated than the first one, you might be fooled, might be puzzled, might be dazed. And it literally tells us that as time goes, secret and lies get bigger and as they get bigger, apologies become harder to get too. 
Before watching the sequel, although it's not much connected, but after all, it's much better if you can take some time to watch the first part first, somehow it'll help you to understand the whole story better. 
I can't wait for "The Four III" to be released this year, as I'm curious how they're going to continue the story and solve the conflict left at the end of the movie. 

It's another recommended movie from me, and 
p.s: This is based on my personal preference, and opinions may vary :D


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments